Aidan Windorf's Tote

My finished screwdriver-holding tote stayed for the most part true to it's original design as seen here.  Several changes had to be made immediately due to the thickness of the material.  Initially I had predicted a material thickness of 1/4" instead of the actual 11/16".  I had to adjust the cuts I made to ensure the dimensions of the box remained the same.  This was not a difficult adjustment but it took up a large portion of my time as I often flubbed the numbers.  The main departure I made from the original design was the height.  Initially, the handle loomed over the already tall 7" walls, but now the grip height is around 9" so that one's fingers can still fit inside while also remaining practical.  This affected the height of the curved supports as well.  Last but not least I had to make adjustments to the screwdriver holder portion of the tote.  I had not accounted for walls as thick as they were so I had to greatly reduce the size of this section.  This involved reducing the number of holes in the section as well as the spacing between them.

Comments