Jessica's Homework #4 | 3D Baby Stingray

For this homework, we needed to use sculpting in Fusion360 to create an object to 3D print. I decided to do a stingray because it's my favorite animal! Here's the link to my fusion file. Here's what it looked like after I was done in Fusion360 (note that I started from a sphere and pushed/pulled everything):


I decided I wanted to print a really small one for three reasons: it would be really cute, I could use it as a monopoly piece, and it could print relatively quickly. I had to make a printed "raft" for it because the smaller 3D printer has trouble with making the initial printing platform.

As you can see, that raft was pretty thick, which made it hard to carefully remove the stingray. The wings and tale were pretty thin!
I really liked the way it turned out! Part of the left wing chipped a little when I was taking it off, so it's a baby stingray with some battle scars. I suppose the texture is undesirable, and this could probably be fixed by making the stingray bigger or decreasing the speed, but I kind of like it. Hope y'all like it! Let me know if you have any other suggestions for increasing the strength fo the wings but keeping the small size.

Jessica Rodriguez 


Comments