Maxwell Bogue Project #1- Silverware Caddy

The silverware caddy was a more practical application of my previous toolbox design, with a few modifications. I decided it would be appropriate to add an etching of silverware to clarify the use of the piece, and to widen and flatten the piece to better accommodate silverware. There were a few difficulties in the design process. First, the thickness of the piece had been set too high. I did all of the tabs in the incorrect thickness, so when I went through and fixed them, I had to move them all and change their positions. Second, my model had a few extra faces that prevented the pieces from being separated correctly. This was a hold-over from when I had first created the design, and did not need to use the digital design to create my physical object. To fix this, I carefully inspected the affected areas and remodeled them according to how the object should be cut. Finally, my original design was too large, so I resized the entire thing once again according to thickness and was then able to use only two sheets of plywood. I am happy with the design and aesthetic of the final product, after all the work I put into making it cuttable on the laser.

Comments