Sean's Homework #4 - Puppy Dog

So for this homework we were tasked with using the sculpt function in Fusion 360 to design an object  within the size of 3”x3”x4” and then 3D print it. I decided to sculpt a dog as seen in the images below. I gained inspiration for this design by looking at actual dog art sculptures online. Its hard to believe that when I started this dog was just a grey ball. By using the symmetry, line edge, and addition tools within the sculpt mode I was able to make this object. The link for my Fusion 360 file is here.

The three images below show the 3D printing process. In Cura I added my dog piece to Jessica's stingray in order to save on the amount of rafting material used. For some reason the original platform design was not sticking to the 3D printing base. The solution to this problem was going back into Cura and changing our platform settings to a "raft". The duration of the print was about ~45 to 60 minutes. Due to the size of both of our pieces we set the layer height to 0.15" and infill to 20%.






The two images below show the complete print. As you can see from the image on the left the dog is about 2" tall by 2" long and can easily fit in my hand. It is slightly too large to be a monopoly piece though! Overall I am really pleased with how the dog sculpture I made turned out. I think one of the hardest parts of making this object was forming the head, specifically the ears and snout.

-Sean Farrell

Comments